loader image

Kenkre FC has finished at the bottom of the Hero I-League following Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to Indian Arrows

With Real Kashmir’s 1–1 draw against TRAU FC in the other game, the defeat means the boys could not surpass the Snow Leopards and finish at the bottom of the table.

Head coach Akhil Kothari made just one change to the team which won 1-0 against Real Kashmir 3 days ago. In came Yash and replaced Ranjeet for today’s clash who took a knock in the last game.

Indian Arrows kicked off the first half and after dealing with the pressure from the opponents in the opening minutes, the boys got their first chance to open the scoring through Vijay. In the 8th minute, he took a shot outside of the box but his shot went wide.

In the 17th minute, Akeraj got a good opportunity to give us the lead but failed. A good ball from Aniket found Akeraj who took a shot but it was off target.

In the 29th minute, Indian Arrows earned a free kick on the left side of the box. Parthib took a shot which was brilliantly saved by our no. 1, Tenzin.

In the 40th minute, Akeraj was forced to get off the field due to injury and was replaced by Khongsit. Just before the break, Khongsit put a good ball into the box which met Pravitto’s head. He was heavily marked but his close-range header just went wide. The first half ended in a stalemate. Elsewhere, Real Kashmir were winning 1-0 against TRAU FC at halftime.

In the second half, the boys stepped up their tempo and started playing attacking football.

In the 57, the boys earned a free-kick just outside of the box. Aravind whipped it in which was missed by the Arrows goalkeeper but neither Yash nor Kiran were able to get at the end of it as another chance went begging.

In the 69th minute, Yash got a chance inside the box and took a shot but the Arrows goalkeeper denied him the opportunity to give us the lead.

In the other game, TRAU FC equalized in the 70th minute. Knowing that, the boys pressed on for the winning goal, Khongsit took a shot in the 72nd minute but it went wide.

In the 88th minute, Nam displayed top defensive action as he cleared the ball off the line after some attacking moves from the Indian Arrows.

In the 90th minute, the boys tried to move up the field in search of victory which would have guaranteed safety however against the run of play Arrows managed to sneak in a goal through substitute Himanshu to break the boys’ hearts.

After the goal, the boys tried to level up in added time but failed to score as the game ended in a loss for us.

FT: Indian Arrows 1-0 Kenkre FC

May 4, 2022

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.